Friday, June 1, 2012

How to Stay Happily Married Tip #8 Do a Bathroom Renovation Together... With Help of Course



Want to stay happily married? Try a DIY Bathroom reno. together. Really. How hard can it be?
Day 1 of the bathroom renovation...
Shelley: Are you sure you know how to do that? Should we call Shenley for help?
John: Yes, I "know" how to take down towel racks and cabinets. No, we "don't" need to call Shenley. Have a little faith. Jesus Christ Shelley.
Shelley: Sorry. Sorry. What's next?
John: We need to take out the vanity... which is attached to the wall...and the plumbing.
Shelley:...
John:...
Shelley: What are you doing?
John: Calling Shenley.
Day 2 of the bathroom renovation...
John: This is taking way longer than I wanted it to. And, all this mess annoys me. I can't even walk through the hall without bumping into something. Stop walking. You're tracking dust every where.
Shelley: I'm painting. Not walking. Stop it! You're annoyed because it's taking more than one day. The upstairs took almost 10 weeks. Be reasonable.
John: I am reasonable. I can't help it if I don't like to live in a construction zone.

Day 3 of the bathroom renovation...
Shenley: Oh darn. Do you have any DAP?
John: No worries. I'll run to Home Depot and buy some.

Shenley: Oh my goodness. I left my nail gun at home.
John: It'll only take me 10 minutes to get it.

Shenley: Shoot. I thought I had wall screws.
John: I'm already out the door to Home Depot.

Shenley: Sorry John. Let's try that again.
John: It's heartening to know that experienced people don't always get it right the first time.

Shenley: Oh my. Looks like we're out of silicone.
John: Consider it done.

John: Shucks. That didn't work. 
Shenley: That happens some times. Not a big deal. Let's try it again.

Day 5 of the bathroom renovation...

John: @#$*!  It's not tightening because I've got the setting on @#$ing loosen.
Shenley: @#$*
Shenley: Push it really hard.
John/Shenley: That's what she said. Heh! Heh! Heh!
Shenley: Oh, you @#$*er!!! It came apart again. This stuff is fragile.
Shelley: But, that's not straight.
Shenley: Yes it is. Look. I'll put the leveler on top. See. It's straight.
Shelley: I'm talking about the screws.
John: No one's going to see them.
Shelley: I will.
John/Shenley:...
Shenley: @#$*We need to go to Home Depot and get a Pvalve.
John: No... I'll go. I don't know what a @#$*!ing Pvalve is. But, I'll go.
John: Try this. It's faster.
John/Shenley: That's what she said. Heh! Heh! Heh!
Shenley: Son of a @#$*! You @#$*er!!!

Shenley: Just screw it in.
John/Shenley: That's what she said. Heh! Heh! Heh!
Shelley: Ahhhhh!!!  @#$*It's not there.
John: @#$*! it. I'll go to Home Depot. We should be buying shares in @#$*ing! Home Depot with the amount of money we've dropped there.


Shenley: Get in there.
John/Shenley: That's what she said. Heh! Heh! Heh!
John: (Steps on a bucket and falls back)  @#$*!!!, @#$*!!!, + 10 more.
Shenley: Googly! Googly!
John: Get that thing off me!
John/Shenley: That's what she said. Heh! Heh! Heh!
Shenley: Ya! That @#$*er! is not going anywhere.
Shelley: But, the light...  and the mirror...  and the vanity aren't level. They're uneven.
Shenley: @#$*! The light is off. I checked it with the leveler too. @#$*!
Shelley: Can you fix it?
Shenley: The problem is, if we make another hole, it will be too close to the original hole, and it will lose it's strength.
Shelley:...
Shenley: Look. Maybe if we prop up the mirror by putting this in the clamp it will even everything out more. There. Now it's only off by less than a centimetre. Better?
Shelley:.... Better. Oh Shenley. I'm sorry. I'm such a .... You're right. It's less than a centimetre. No one would notice it unless we told them. We're so grateful that you came and helped us. Of course it's better.

Day 5 4:30 AM
Shelley: I can't sleep. Promise me we'll try to level out the light, the mirror and the vanity.
John: Mmphh?
Shelley: John? I can't sleep unless you promise.
John: For @#$*! sake. I promise. Go to sleep.
Thanks tons and tons Shenley for all of your help and patience!

Shelley and John

1 comment:

Shower Doors Nassau County said...

Looks like you guys had alot of fun from the sound of it, hahaha. Put up more pictures of the finished bathroom please!! And what contractors did you go with?

-Irwin Zinkin